Thursday, May 24, 2007

Life Moves On the Sea

Life moves on. It’s almost the end of May and what have I done since I left my “real job” in February in a leap of blind faith? Re-established my old writing group – not too successfully so far; created a children’s creative writing program - still trying to sell it to children’s summer day camps; joined a new writing group for better feedback; reduced my daily stress; gone back to fixing healthy family meals; put exercise back in my routine: I’ve gone back to creativity and nurturing, but it isn’t close to generating the income I need – or think I need. So I tell myself focus on it and do it, why am I hesitating? I come back to this ALL THE TIME, so just get on with it and do it – focus, organize your time, create and go for it!

What about the Creativity Center project? Yeah what about it? Win the lottery, put it off, borrow money, find a partner, what to do? What can’t I move forward with both ideas? Organize my time and put in the blocks to make it happen – schedule, schedule, organize, organize.

But I want to become poetic and insightful – inspirational and embracing. Don’t push life, let it push me. Like the current at the sea’s edge, I shall allow myself to be gently taken to and fro in directions I do not choose. Is my faith strong enough to allow it to happen without turning over and swimming myself towards one direction and then another? Float and be buoyed by the embracing water, relax and let its gentle in and out of the tide take me to where it may, enjoy the rocking, the easy pulling; there is no storm raging, no dangerous rocks nearby. Float on His sea, trust God to take me where He may, He will not let me sink while relaxed in His warm waters. He knows where He wants me to go. Relax, relax, enjoy, enjoy. Life moves on the sea.

No comments: