Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weekend Wordsmith - Vintage Postcard


Vintage postcard arrives many years too late ~ what did the sender write?


Seven southern states I can see, but I can't see you.

Luscious lakes, trees and hills I can see, but I can't see you.

I miss you my love, and now I know

I want you to be the first lovely sight I see each mornng of my life.

If I see you at this spot on April 3rd I will know your question stands,

and my answer will be yes.

Waiting to see and love you,

Louisa

5 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Oh, oh, oh! What a comeback, kid! This is the kind of thing I imagined when I posted this prompt.

Sherry said...

Oh gosh, I wonder how many times that has really happened with post cards and letters?? Too many to count!!

Mediterranean Views said...

Thanks for the positive feedback! A bit sad if it were true..your question is so true Sherry - cherie. Amy

Vesper said...

How beautiful and romantic!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.