Thursday, August 30, 2007

Write On!

Well I'm on my way! I've been working all summer on polishing the content of my creative writing workshops I'm now offering for "profit" here on the Costa del Sol. I've also been developing this logo with an internet logo company and a marketing strategy. So here's the logo, what do you think? I've included both languages since two of my workshops I offer in Spanish as well. If you go to http://writeoncostadelsol.blogspot.com/ you can see the workshop summaries.

This morning I was on one of our local radio stations in English for a full 30 minutes talking about why I've developed these particuliar workshops and my objective of awakening people's creativity and encouraging more people to write for pleasure. Plus we talked about the kids' creative writing workshops I did this summer, one in Spanish and one ine English. It was harder than I thought it was going to be to get the kids' imaginations going and ignite their creativity. I think it's because we don't let kids get bored these days, and often creativity comes from boredom! Try letting yourself get bored, then write!

Next objective: get the publicity out in the local English press, and distribute flyers to the local English speaking clubs and social centres. Wish me luck!

Writers at work! A picture from a lunch break at a two day workshop "Winter Write" I did with a few fellow writers last Feb. Keep your eyes out for a new weekend workshop this year in the Mijas hills over loooking the Med!





4 comments:

Taffiny said...

It sounds great. Congrats, hope it all goes well (that the promotional stuff brings people in). I am not at all bold, so it seems very brave to me, your going on radio.

Kids-
When my son complains of boredom, I tell him "bored people are boring people, it means there isn't enough going on inside (the mind), think some things up to entertain yourself, make things to do invent games, create things". This seldom works however. I imagine kids need props of some kind (which we can provide) and motiviation (which they have to try and provide themselves with. I find this to be the challenging part).

Vesper said...

Good for you, Amy!
The logo looks great. I think you're doing some wonderful things. You're right about boredom. I was once asked, when I was in high-school, if I ever got bored and I said: "Never. There is always a story of some kind going on in my mind." It's true though that we didn't have the things kids have today.
Best of luck with your workshops!

Mediterranean Views said...

Thanks you guys for your words of support and encouragement. Taffiniy I found your comments on kids and boredom helpful.
I'll keep you all posted on results as they come in. Hope to do some postings of people's work.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Also that we would do without your magnificent phrase