Saturday, August 18, 2007

Longings


I've been absent for awhile, longing to get back, but fearing the return to getting lost in this magical world and loosing track of time: time which must be spent motheirng, wifing, (do you like that word I just made up?) developing and marketing my new professional endeavors for the fall, completing the volunteer project I'm involved in, keeping life and a household of four in order, fed and on an even keel.

Oh for those single, selfish days, when the first and mostly only one that mattered was me. I could do what I wanted when I wanted and nobody was waiting for me to hurry up and finish to dedicate some part of me to them; to resolve a problem, prepare or repair something, take them somewhere, or simply spend time and attention on them. I wouldn't change it for the world, but it does bring up these occasional longings to swim into a selfish, single life for a season or two.

2 comments:

Taffiny said...

wifing- I like making up words, and find it quite hard not too. Saddly I have been accused, by husband, of passing such words, and habits, on to our son.

Speaking of words, english, I tend to add u next to my o, from having read so many english novels I suppose. And theatre instead of theater.

I remember when I could just do whatever I was doing, now no matter what I am doing, I feel like I am supposed to be doing something else. I miss just being in the moment, not feeling harassed. But of course I wouldn't exchange either, the life I have, for one without others, demanding my time and attention.

Mediterranean Views said...

It must be part of our woman genes!