Wednesday, July 11, 2007

LOVE - A Feeling Poem

In my creativity and writing workshop I'm doing with kids this summer, I was preparing the session for tomorrow with the FEELING POEM as shared by Heather at Soulfood Cafe. (A most inspiring creativity and writing sight at http://www.dailywriting.net/ in case you don't know it.)

The idea is to use our senses to describe our feelings like this:
Line one: Name an emotion
Line two: “Smells like. . .”
Line three: “Tastes like. . .”
Line four: “Sounds like. . .”
Line five: Feels like. . . .”
Line six: “Feels like. . .”
Line seven: “Feels like. . .”
Line eight: Name the emotion
On this day of celebrating my love for my husband my sample feeling poem goes like this:
Love
Smells like baking cookies,
Tastes like peach cobbler
Sounds like Mozart
Feels like a cozy chair
Feels like a chill down my spine
Feels like a soaring eagle
Love
Try it! It's a wonderful way to talk about feelings, use your imagination and practice similes and metaphors for all ages! Thanks Heather for sharing your amazing creativity!

1 comment:

Vesper said...

Really wonderful, Amy. I shall think about it.