Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is my mother's birthday, she would have been 68.
Happy Birthday Mom. I wonder what you would be doing now, be retired? Travelling? Of course you'd be travelling, it was your lifeblood. Still married to DP? Still in Va.? Would we be together today? So many questions on the big What if... What if you hadn't died at 60?
Well, we can't change any of it, but I need to wish you happy birthday, and imagine giving you a hug. Know what happened to me today? I still wear your long pink and white cardigan and I hung it on a hanger on the laundry line to dry today. As I ran my hand down it to see if it was dry I imagined you in it, and gave it a hug, and flung the empty sleeves around my shoulders and tried to imagine you hugging me back. It didn't really work, you weren't really there. No, you are in my heart, in my thoughts, in my soul...today and always. Happy Birthday Mom, I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((Amy))) love is never lost. we don't know the how of it but it is true: never lost.

Maggie Rose