Sunday, September 21, 2008

NOTHING


Prompt from Weekend Wordsmith:


I've had nothing to say, it's all too blue, self doubting, pessimistic. I do not want to ponder on the sad, on the worried, on the what if's, so I have stayed away. I was taught that if you have nothing good to say than don't say anything at all. Unconsciously I have been applying that to my blog this summer...and to my life. Nothing is wrong, nothing will be lost, nothing has changed, nothing, nothing, nothing - except something, somewhere inside.

4 comments:

Angel said...

Sometimes it's better to talk things out. I too, was told not to say anything if you didn't have something good to say. But as long as you aren't talking bad about someone else, I believe you'll be ok. Getting the bad feelings out can really help.

Daisy said...

The whole point of a blog is to be a safe outlet... let 'er rip! :D Nice little piece of prose... Thanks for sharing.

Vesper said...

I often feel like that, and have the same reaction as you do, but at the same time it is comforting to find out that others are going through the same worries and fears, that we are not alone.

Taffiny said...

Oh what a contrast to the more recent post I just read. Yet I know how well both feelings weave in and through us. I guess we need them both, the recoil, the expansion.