Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Jasmine and the Moon

I sit on my porch, drenched with the aroma of jasmine, bathed in moonlight. My notebook, beckoning for so long, sits with joy on my lap, receiving every word with open pages, taking in every detail, to recall the feeling when once again it has been abandoned for the computer and the daily grind of selling, marketing, networking.
When will the creativity return? When will there again be peace and satisfaction at filling a page? More than that, when will there be that driving need, so that the notebook will not be abandoned for so long? When o when? Soon o soon, whisper the jasmine and the moon.

2 comments:

Taffiny said...

Lovely

real jasmine smells so incredible, I have never found a store bought scent that has the quiet power and beauty of it.

I hope there are more nights soon when your notebook and you can sit filling each other up. I am better about the lulls now, considering them part of the process. Things take turns being static and still, and tumbling foreward. Or like the tide even recede for intervals. I do hate it though when I feel like other tasks are taking my time and energy away, and my mind and thoughts are all filled up with these other things.

Please consider doing the meme I tagged you for (if you can find the time), it may help.

Glad to see you here, (read you here) again.

Anonymous said...

ahhh. I so know the experience that you have described here. beautifully expressed. nicely done, Amy.